Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Problem of the Week
Guiding Questions for Rubric

Crossing the Bridge

Problem
The problem is about a bridge that a zombie name Joel is chasing 3
Humans names are Denisse, Alexia and Steve. They all need to cross the
Bridge in less than 17 minutes. There a flashlight that someone needs to
Carry back and forth. There only one flashlight and the information that I needed to find was all the characters have to cross the bridge in 17 minutes and each characters has a speed limit like Joel has 10 minutes, Steve has 1 minutes, Alexia has 2 minutes, Denisse has 5 minutes but she has a broken leg. The important that the reader has to know that it cannot be in less or higher than 17 minutes.

Strategy
Well my group and I we use pictures. We use pictures because it was the easiest thing that we could figure it out the answer. Well I understand it by using pictures. It helped me understand because I saw the strategies and I knew that pictures will help me to solve the problem. Well the strategy I used was pictures and elimination but elimination didn't really help me because you can’t really eliminate on this problem. It helped me to understand because I’m a visual person.

Solution
My solution is 17 minutes. Well the reasons are that one we proved those 17 minutes is the right answer because we check multiple times. It also make sense and its true because we worked a few times at first but it didn't make sense but then when we found a way to make 17 minutes without leaving none of characters alone.

Reflection

Well I would help other student engage this problem by telling them the problem. The steps that I would have them do to solve the problem. The first I would tell them the problem, then I would tell them how I did it, lastly I would tell them how I got the answer. The strategies that I would tell them to use are pictures and guessmate. The question I would ask them is, “did it work”?

No comments:

Post a Comment